Horse racing bets were the first to be accepted in bookmakers. It was at the racetracks that booths were installed, where people sat, who took money and issued a coupon. Subsequently, using this coupon, it was possible to win at the races according to the coefficient, which was written on large boards near the booths. The same system is used now. But in the modern world, you can bet on horse racing online or in those betting shops whose offices are not located at racetracks. We will look at what horse racing betting means in general and how you can earn money on them.
It is important to know before betting on horse racing
To make successful bets on horse racing, you need to have the following information:
- What are horse races in general, that is, the very essence of the competition. You need to know at least basic information – where horse racing tournaments are held, what types of horses take part in them, what types of races there are;
- The latest news about horse racing, the calendar of upcoming races, the opinion of experts about who will win, the results and statistics of previous performances of each participant. In addition to all of the above, there are even forecasts for future races. It is highly desirable to watch horse racing broadcasts. On the above site, you need to pay a small amount of money for this.
What are the types of betting on horse racing, how is the analysis performed, how to choose a betting shop (to date, the number of bookmakers offering a sufficient number of necessary bets is not so much)? This article will help you with this.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of betting:
- There is a lot of useful information for analytics on the resources;
- Bookmakers accept bets on this sport, but do not pay much attention to it, so there are often inflated quotes;
- there are several unique types of bets. For example, one of them implies the best value (you do not need to monitor the change, the coefficient will be the most profitable).
Disadvantages of betting on horse racing:
- Analysis can be very difficult, especially if you have previously bet on other sports;
- Some bookmakers give a meager line for betting on horse racing.
Also, horse racing is very different from other sports, there are similarities except with car racing. Therefore, even if you are a professional in betting on football, hockey and so on, you will need to rebuild.
How to bet on horse racing correctly
In order not just to bet on horse racing, but also to win at a distance, you need to do the following:
- Read the rules, types, participants and other features of the races very carefully. You need to reach a level where you will know at least approximately who has the best chance before the start of the race. If you have ever engaged in betting on football and understand this sport, then before the start of the match you understand which team is stronger. You need the same thing in horse racing.
- When you have the knowledge, learn how to conduct a qualitative analysis of betting on horse racing. You need to look at what form the selected participant is in, what he achieved before, what has changed now. In this article, we will tell you in detail exactly what factors need to be taken into account in order for horse racing to bring income.
- Choose a bookmaker. Remember that you need to pay attention to those BC that specialize in horse racing or at least give a wide line on them. For example, 1xStavka is not very popular among fans of football, tennis and other sports, but the office was created at the racetrack and has a good selection of options for horse racing. You may decide that it is better to have accounts in several betting shops in order to bet on horse racing at the best odds.
- Keep records. The simplest and most effective option is a table showing all the bids. For example, you can record the date, amount, coefficient, list of events and other details that you deem necessary. In the future, you will be able to analyze your progress and change what prevents you from earning.